Extreme Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheese Cake
FOR THE CRUST
24whole oreo cookies, finely crushed or processed
3 Tbspbutter, melted
FOR THE CHEESE CAKE
(3) 8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
1/4 call purpose flour
1/2 csour cream
2 tsppure vanilla extract
24reese's peanut butter cups (divided) i use the regular size ones. the ones that come in 12 packs.
·hershey's chocolate syrup
·hershey's caramel syrup
How to Make Extreme Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Cheese Cake
- * You will need an 8 or 9 inch spring foam pan for this recipe!
Make sure all ingredients are room temp.
If you are planning on having this for dessert after dinner, then it is best to make in earlier in the morning that way the cheese cake has time to chill in the fridge and the flavors mesh together. The longer the better. At least 12 hours, 24 hours is best!
- Place your oven rack to the second slot in your oven. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a water bath in a 9x13 glass pan.I fill it up about half way. Place it on the bottom rack. Coarsely chop up 18 Reese's Cups. Set aside till ready to use. Keep the remaining 6 peanut butter cups in the fridge till later.
- In a food processor, process 24 cookies till finely grounded. I usually do this in 2 batches 12 at a time.
Melt 3 Tablespoons of butter in the microwave. Pour the grounded cookies in a separate bowl and pour the melted butter on top. Mix well.
- Using the other 1/2 Tablespoon of butter, grease the bottom and sides of the spring foam pan. Press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan and come up the sides about 1/2 an inch. Put aside till ready to use.
- Place 3 8oz bars of cream cheese in a mixing bowl or using your stand mixer. Mix till fluffy. Mixing, add the 5 eggs slowly. Then add the sugar, salt and all purpose flour. Mix.
- Add the sour cream and then the vanilla extract. Continue mixing. Lastly add the chopped Reese's Cups. Mix for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the cake into the Oreo Cookie lined spring foam pan. Place in the oven for 50 min- 1 hour. It will be jiggly when it comes out but will thicken up as it cools.
- Place the cake in the fridge until ready to serve. Using a butter knife you may need to go a around the edge of the pan before removing it from the pan.
- After placing it on a serving platter chop up the remaining Reese's Cups and sprinkle on top. Drizzle the chocolate and caramel sauce on top. Each piece I cut I also spray a bit of Whipped cream on the edge and place a bigger piece of Reese's Cup pushed into the whipped cream. Enjoy!