Easy Cream Cake
Recipe and photo adapted from Duncan Hines.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pkg
- (18 ounces) white cake mix
- large eggs
- 1-1/3 c
- half and half
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- flaked coconut, finely chopped
- 1/2 c
- pecans, finely chopped
How to Make Easy Cream Cake
- 1Combine cake mix, eggs, half and half, oil, coconut and pecans in a large bowl.
Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened.
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour into pan.
- 2Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 11 X 7 inch baking pan for 22 to 25 minutes.
- 3Cool cake on wire rack for 25 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool completely.
- 4To assemble: Divide the cake in half and place one cake layer on serving plate.
Spread 1/2 of cream cheese frosting of your choice on flat side on one layer.
Place second layer on top and spread remaining frosting on top of cake.
Garnish with chopped pecans or toasted coconut.