Easy Coffee Cake
- duncan hines yellow cake mix
- 1/3 c
- eggs, separated
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 stick
- butter, cold
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4/ tsp
- 1 c
- nuts (i use a combination of english walnuts and pecans)
How to Make Easy Coffee Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350'
I use a glass cake pan but use whatever you have. Keep in mind that the baking time will be shorter in a metal pan and you should probably lower oven temp. by 25 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 pan or
cover bottom of pan with parchment paper if you have it.
- 2In a large bowl whip egg whites to a stiff peak and set aside until the cake batter is ready.
- 3In a separate large bowl mix all other ingredients together and beat until smooth.
- 4Gently fold egg whites into cake batter by hand.
Pour into prepared cake pan and bake until done in the center. 40 to 50 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5While cake is baking dump the topping ingredients into a food processor and chop until butter is pea size.
Remove to a bowl and put in the freezer until cake is done.
- 6When cake is done remove from oven.
While cake is hot from the oven remove topping from the freezer and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- 7You can serve this cake warm or cold. Either way you will get many compliments.