Easy Coffee Cake
1duncan hines yellow cake mix
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 stickbutter, cold
1 cnuts (i use a combination of english walnuts and pecans)
How to Make Easy Coffee Cake
- Preheat oven to 350'
I use a glass cake pan but use whatever you have. Keep in mind that the baking time will be shorter in a metal pan and you should probably lower oven temp. by 25 degrees.
Grease a 9x13 pan or
cover bottom of pan with parchment paper if you have it.
- In a large bowl whip egg whites to a stiff peak and set aside until the cake batter is ready.
- In a separate large bowl mix all other ingredients together and beat until smooth.
- Gently fold egg whites into cake batter by hand.
Pour into prepared cake pan and bake until done in the center. 40 to 50 minutes. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While cake is baking dump the topping ingredients into a food processor and chop until butter is pea size.
Remove to a bowl and put in the freezer until cake is done.
- When cake is done remove from oven.
While cake is hot from the oven remove topping from the freezer and sprinkle evenly over the top.
- You can serve this cake warm or cold. Either way you will get many compliments.