☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 c
- shredded coconut
- 1 box
- cake mix, german chocolate (made according to package directions)
- 1 stick
- 8 oz
- cream cheese
- 1 lb
- powdered sugar
How to Make Earthquake Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spread 1 cup chopped pecans on the bottom of a buttered 13X9 inch cake pan. On top of the nuts put 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- 3Mix 1 box of German Chocolate Cake Mix according to package directions. Pour cake batter over the pecans and coconut without mixing together. Set aside.
- 4In a saucepan melt 1 stick of butter and 1 (8oz) package of Cream Cheese together. Stir in one box of powdered sugar. Pay very close attention to the mixture in the pan as it will scorch easily.
- 5Pour the cream cheese, sugar and butter mixture over the top of the cake batter without stirring.
- 6Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. The cake will crack in the middle.
That's why its called Eqrthquake Cake!