Deep Fried Cake Batter Cookie Dough
What I’m trying to say is that Deep Fried Cake Batter Cookie Dough is one of the best things I’ve ever had the pleasure of devouring. I mean, it was so good — an absolutely magical bite. I think it tasted a little like Heaven would taste.
Of course, I stuck several of them in a paper tray with chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles to really round out the experience.
- 3 c
- all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- yellow cake mix
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 c
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp
- 8 to 16 Tbsp
- 2 large
- 2 c
- ice cold water
- 2 c
- self-rising flour
- 4 Tbsp
- confectioners’ sugar
- small bowl of cornstarch for rolling dough balls in
- oil or shortening for frying
- confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling
- chocolate sauce
- whipped cream
How to Make Deep Fried Cake Batter Cookie Dough
- 1TO MAKE THE DOUGH:
In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light, fluffy, and pale yellow.
- 2Mix in salt, flour, cake mix, sprinkles, and vanilla.
- 3Add water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each, until you reach cookie dough consistency.
- 4Roll your dough into balls and chill until your batter and oil are ready.
- 5Heat your oil to 375 degrees.
- 6TO MAKE THE BATTER:
Mix together egg and water.
- 7Add flour and sugar and mix.
- 8Roll each dough ball in cornstarch, shaking off the excess, and then dip into the batter, making sure the ball is entirely coated.
- 9Use a slotted spoon to place 3 or 4 balls at a time into the hot oil.
- 10Fry for 1-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 11serve with confectioners’ sugar, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and sprinkles.