☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 box
- betty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- water, oil, egg whites called for on the box
- 1/4 tsp
- each color of gel or food color
- (neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, neon green and classic blue
- 1 1/2 c
- marshmallow cream
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 1 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- gel or liquid food colors as listed above
How to Make Cupcake Poppers
- 2Fill each muffin cup with 1 level measuring tablespoon of batter, making 12 cupcakes of each color.
- 3Bake 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl, beat marshmallow cream and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. Beat in powdered sugar until fluffy. Divide frosting among 5 bowls, about 1/3 cup each. Using the same 5 colors, lightly tint frosting in each bowl to match the cupcake colors.
- 5Assemble each popper using 2 mini cupcakes. Cut tops off each cupcake horizontally (save bottoms for another use). Spread or pipe about 1 tablespoon frosting on cut side of 1 cupcake top. Form a sandwich by placing cut side of second cupcake top on frosting. Press lightly. Repeat with remaining cupcake tops. Store loosely covered.