Crispy Top Pineapple Pound Cake
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 box duncan hines pineapple supreme cake mix
- 1 large can crushed pineapple
- 1 regular box vanilla instant pudding
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cup granola cereal
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- about 4 or 5 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved from the can of crushed pineapple
- approx. 1/2 box confectioner's sugar
How to Make Crispy Top Pineapple Pound Cake
- 1Heavily grease and flour a heavy metal bundt pan .
Evenly sprinkle the granola, then pecans, then brown sugar in the bottom of the cake pan. Then dot the margarine around on top of that.
- 2Next whisk together the dry cake mix and instant pudding mix. Then add crushed pineapple (minus 4 or 5 tablespoons of juice reserved in a small mixing bowl). Don't drain the pineapple. Add oil, eggs and mix thoroughly with electric mixer.
- 3Pour cake batter evenly around into cake pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake for approx. 45 min. to an hour or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Allow cake to stand just long enough for sides to pull away from the pan, then turn out onto a cake plate.
- 4Whisk together the pineapple juice and sugar. Add the sugar gradually until the icing is a thick but pourable glaze. After the cake has cooled a little while, drizzle the glaze over the entire cake.