Cream Cheese Pound Cake
How to Make Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 1Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy
- 2. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes
- 3Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- 4Add vanilla mixing well
- 5Combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Fill a 2-cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water; place in oven with tube pan. Fill a 2-cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water; place in oven with tube pan. This will help keep the cake moist.
- 7Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 TBS milk, to consistency
Mix together till desired consistency is reached, but should be thin. Add more milk one teaspoon at a time to get the thinness you want. Drizzle over cooled cake