CRACKED UP CARROT CAKE
Rose M. Helle
Suggest make the cake and filling the same day, chill overnight.
Split cake into 3 layers, fill with filling, then freeze cake.
Frost cake with cream cheese mixture on top and sides when cake is still frozen.
1-1/4 ccorn oil
2 cless 2 tab flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
4 cgrated carrots
1 cchopped pecans
BASE OF CAKE
How to Make CRACKED UP CARROT CAKE
- Whisk together corn oil, sugar. In seperate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together.
- Sift half of the dry ingredients into the sugar/oil mixture. Alternately add the rest with the 4 eggs. Add the carrots, raisins and pecans.
- Bake in a greased and floured 10" tube pan at 350 degrees for 70 minutes. Cool, invert and split in 3 layers.
- FILLING: Heat one cup sugar, 3 Tab flour, 1/2 tsp salt. Stir in 1 cup heavy cream. Work in 1/4 lb sweet butter. Stir and simmer 1/2 hour til golden. Cool. Add 1/2 teas vanilla and 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Cool overnight.
- FROSTING: Cream 1/2lb each cream cheese and sweet butter. Sift in 1 lb powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Chill.
Toast 4oz shredded coconut.
- Spread the filling in between the three layers. Frost the top and sides with the cream cheese mixture. Pat the coconut on the sides . Decorate the top if desired.