Coconut Milk Cake
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut, divided
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted before meaasuring
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- currant jelly
How to Make Coconut Milk Cake
- 1Have all ingredients at about 75 F. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9" round baking pans.
- 2Whisk or sift together cake flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3Cream butter. Add the sugar gradually and continue creaming until very light. Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- 4Add the flour mixture in three parts to the butter mixture alternately with coconut milk. Mix until smooth after each addition.
- 5Stir in one cup of the flaked coconut.
- 6In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold gently into the batter.
- 7Pour batter into prepared baking pans and bake about 25 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before turning out on racks. Cool completely before icing.
- 8Fill between the layers with jelly and ice with Seven Minute Icing. Coat with the remaining one cup flaked coconut.