☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 pkg
- chocolate cake mix (prepared according to package directions, but substituting buttermilk for water)
- egg white
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- shredded coconut
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla (clear)
- 1/3 c
- evaporated milk
- 3/4 c
- milk chocolate chips
How to Make Coconut-Filled Chocolate Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake mix.
- 2In medium bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in coconut, flour and vanilla.
- 3Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- 4Drop coconut filling by spoonful evenly over center of batter, avoiding touching the sides.
- 5Pour remaining batter over and smooth the top.
- 6Bake 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool cake for 10 minutes, then turn onto serving plate. Cook completely.
- 7When cool, ice with chocolate glaze - Melt chocolate chips and milk over medium heat. Mixture will be thin, but allow to cool to lukewarm and spoon over cake.