☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgchocolate cake mix (prepared according to package directions, but substituting buttermilk for water)
1 cshredded coconut
1 tspvanilla (clear)
1/3 cevaporated milk
3/4 cmilk chocolate chips
How to Make Coconut-Filled Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare cake mix.
- In medium bowl, beat egg white until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in coconut, flour and vanilla.
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 12-cup bundt pan.
- Drop coconut filling by spoonful evenly over center of batter, avoiding touching the sides.
- Pour remaining batter over and smooth the top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool cake for 10 minutes, then turn onto serving plate. Cook completely.
- When cool, ice with chocolate glaze - Melt chocolate chips and milk over medium heat. Mixture will be thin, but allow to cool to lukewarm and spoon over cake.