Coconut Cream Cake
- 1 box
- duncan hines yellow cake mix.
- 4 eggs separated, 1whole egg
- 1/3 c
- 2 1/2 c
- coconut, shredded
- 1 1/2 c
- 2-8oz. pkg
- cream cheese room temp.
- 4 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
How to Make Coconut Cream Cake
- 1Put 1/2 cup of coconut in non stick pan turn heat to med. high and toast your coconut. watch it close
- 2put 1/2 cup coconut in sauce pot with 1/2 cup water bring to boil then turn down to simmer for 10 min let cool to room temp.
- 3you need three 8-9 inch cake pans. I spray mine with Pam then line the bottoms with wax paper to make sure they don't stick.
- 4separate eggs, yolks in cake bowl and whites in medium size bowl, The one whole egg in cake bowl
- 5add oil and water to egg yolks. mix together
- 6now add your cake mix and beat for about 2 min.
- 7now beat your egg whites until soft peaks. fold egg whites into cake batter.
- 8fold in one cup of coconut
- 9pour into your 3 cake pans. cook on 350 degrees for about 12-15 min. watch do not let over cook. let cool
- 11put cream cheese in large mixing bowl, add 1 cup powder sugar beat until creamy. beat in rest of sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Fold in coconut. spread on cake when cooled.
- 12put your first layer on cake plate put icing on thick, then sprinkle with coconut. Do the next layer the same.
- 13top layer add icing to top then sides. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top.