Classic Angel Flake Coconut Cake
- 1 pkg
- (2 layer) yellow cake mix
- 2 2/3 c
- baker's angel flake coconut (7 oz bag, divided)
- 1 c
- 1 pkg
- (4 serving size) jello white chocolate or vanilla flavor instant pudding
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- tub (8oz) cool whip whipped toppiing, thawed
How to Make Classic Angel Flake Coconut Cake
- 1Prepare: Cake batter as directed on package; stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut, Pour evenly into 2 (9inch) round cake pans. Bake as directed on package. Cool 10 min. Remove cake from pans to wire rack. Cool Completely.
- 2Pour: Milk into medium bowl. Add dry pudding mix and sugar, beat with wire whisk for 2 min. or until well blended; mixture will be thick. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate for 15 min.
- 3Place: 1 of the cake layers on severing plate; spread top with 1 cup of the pudding mixture. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the remaining coconut; cover with second cake layer. Spread top and sides with remaining coconut into pudding mixture. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.