Citrus Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
- 1 box
- pillsbury yellow cake mix (with pudding in the mix)
- 1/3 c
- canola oil
- 1 c
- 3 large
- 1 box
- lemon jello pudding mix (small box)
- 1/4 c
- orange juice, frozen concentrate
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Citrus Pound Cake with Orange Glaze
- 1Add cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water and eggs to a large mixing bowl or stand up mixer. Using the paddle attachment mix on low till combined. Then mix for 4 minutes.
- 2Grease a bundt pan with shortening then flour the pan, being careful to shake out the remainder of the flour. I use plain sugar to flour my pans and the cakes pop out great.
- 3Next, Scrape cake batter from mixing bowl into the bundt pan, smooth out the top and bake at 350*F for 33-36 minutes. My oven runs cold so check your oven at 25-30 minutes.. A tooth pick should come out clean.
- 4Cool the cake for 10 minutes then turn it out onto a cake plate. After the cake has cooled prepare the icing. Mix the powdered sugar, orange juice concentrate and vanilla to make a nice orange drizzle. Drizzle cake with orange icing. Let the icing set completely before serving. Don't serve this cake without this icing, it just makes this cake all the more enticing and delicious!