Cinnamon White Chocolate Cake
- 1 pkg
- (6 ounce) white baking chocolate
- 1/2 c
- 1 pkg
- (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix
- 1 c
- 1 Tbsp
- cinnamon, saigon if possible
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounce) reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 c
- confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or both)
How to Make Cinnamon White Chocolate Cake
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3Microwave chocolate and butter in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool chocolate about 5 minutes or until chocolate is lukewarm to the touch.
- 4Beat cake mix, milk, eggs, cinnamon and chocolate mixture in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed just until moistened, scraping side of bowl frequently.
Beat on medium speed 2 minutes or until well blended.
- 5Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured (9-inch) round cake pans.
- 6Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
Cool cakes in pans 10 minutes.
- 7Rmove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
Frost cooled cake.
- 9Blend cream cheese and butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- 10Add sugar a little at a time on low speed, beating until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- 11Add the vanilla or cinnamon, then increase speed to medium and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute.
- 12Frost your cake.