☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- betty crocker devil's food cake made up as instructed but adding extra bits as below
- egg (extra)
- 80 g
- butter (extra)
- tubs of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 c
- icing sugar
- 1/2 c
How to Make Chris's Chocolate Dream Cake
- 1Using TWO cake pans (we need to put frosting in the centre as well) make up the cake mix, as instructed on packet
- 2Add the EXTRA egg and butter, as listed in ingredients. (this makes the cake extra delicious!)
- 3Bake the cake, as instructed on the packet.
- 4CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
Mix ROOM TEMPERATURE cream cheese, icing sugar, and cocoa together for a couple of minutes in a food processor (or mixer if you don't have a food processor). Mix until smooth and creamy. The amount of cocoa you add will depend on your own taste. so I would suggest you add 1/4 cup cocoa to start with then add more to taste. NOTE: if the cream cheese is too hard, pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- 5Once the cake is COMPETELY COOL, cover one half of the cake with thick cream cheese frosting, place the next layer on top and do the same, making sure you have more for the top than the centre. you could grate some dark chocolate over the cake if you wish. You can also add whipped cream and cherries to the centre, if you wish - just for something extra special! this cake is TO DIE FOR and is very popular with my customers.