Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Photo adapted from What's Cooking America.
1 1/2 coreo cookie crumbs, including the filling (about 22 cookies)
3 Tbspbutter, melted
2 pkg(8 ounces) cream cheese at room temperature
1 1/2 csugar
1 ccreamy peanut butter
5eggs, at room temperature
1/2 csour cream
1 cmini semi-sweet chocolate chips
CHOCOLATE FUDGE TOPPING
1 csour cream
3/4 cmelted chocolate chips
3 Tbsppowdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Mix crumbs and butter and put crumb mixture onto bottom of greased 9 inch spring form pan.
Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees, and cool crust on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition.
Add sour cream and vanilla.
Add the mini chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into prepared cookie crust.
Place cheesecake in 350 degree oven on middle oven rack.
Position a baking pan filled halfway with hot water on lower rack.
Bake 15 minutes; then lower temperature to 300 degrees and bake 70 minutes.
- Turn oven off. Let cake stand in oven with door ajar, 30 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, melted chocolate chips and powdered sugar for topping.
Spread chocolate topping over cooled cheesecake.
Let topping cool and set.
Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack.
Refrigerate 12-24 hours.