Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
- 3(8) oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 10 oz
- bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 c
- 4 large
- eggs, room temp
- 1/4 c
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 3 Tbsp
- instant coffee powder
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 1/2 c
- finely crushed chocolate wafers crumbs ( i used chocolate animal crackers)
- 1/2 c
- butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp
- enough boiling water for water bath
How to Make Chocolate Mocha Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Prepare the crust by combining wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter ( I used my food processor) press into the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Bake 12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool while you prepare the filling. REDUCE OVEN TEMP TO 300.
- 2Start the filling by adding the cream cheese, cooled chocolate, flour, salt, coffee and vanilla into mixer bowl.( I added the vanilla to the instant coffee and made a paste before adding) Beat on medium about 3 minutes until smooth and fluffy ( scrape down sides of bowl a couple of times)
- 3Add the sugar and cocoa and beat another 2 minutes until well blended and smooth( Scrape bowl down once during this time). Add eggs one at a time and blend well after each one.
Wrap the springform pan well in heavy duty foil at least 3/4 way up place in a baking dish large enough to hold it. Pour filling onto crust, place in oven and pour enough boiling water to go 1/2 way up pan.
- 4Bake at 300 for 55-65 minutes until center jiggles when you nudge it. ( My bake time was 58 minutes) Remove from oven and water bath, carefully remove foil, place cheesecake on wire rack and let cool about an hour before you remove ring from pan and transfer to your serving dish.