☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- 2/3 c
- cocoa, unsweetened
- 1 1/4 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 1 1/3 c
How to Make Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- 1Grease and floor 2 9" pans,or tube pan or oblong square pan.
- 2Stir together flour,cocoa,baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- 3In large bowl beat sugar,eggs, and vanilla till light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- 4Beat in mayonnaise on low speed. Add flour mixture alternately with water,beginning and ending with flour.
- 5pour into greased pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- 6Creole Icing; 1 tablespoon softened butter,1/4 cup black coffee,3 tablespoons cocoa,pinch of cinnamon,31/4 cups confectioners sugar.; Combine butter,coffee,cocoa and cinnamon.
- 7Graduallu add sugar and beat to consistency.Makes 1 1/2 cups icing.Spread on cake when cooled