☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2/3 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1/4 tspbaking powder
1 2/3 csugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 1/3 cwater
How to Make Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
- Grease and floor 2 9" pans,or tube pan or oblong square pan.
- Stir together flour,cocoa,baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- In large bowl beat sugar,eggs, and vanilla till light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Beat in mayonnaise on low speed. Add flour mixture alternately with water,beginning and ending with flour.
- pour into greased pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Creole Icing; 1 tablespoon softened butter,1/4 cup black coffee,3 tablespoons cocoa,pinch of cinnamon,31/4 cups confectioners sugar.; Combine butter,coffee,cocoa and cinnamon.
- Graduallu add sugar and beat to consistency.Makes 1 1/2 cups icing.Spread on cake when cooled