1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1/2 cpacked light brown sugar
1/4 cplus 2 tblsp. cocoa, unsweetened
1 tspbaking soda
1/4 cplus 2 tblsp. vegetable oil
1 tspwhite vinegar
1 tspvanilla extract
·frost with creamy frosting and use decorating gel for messages
How to Make Chocolate Heart Cakes
- Heat oven to 350 DF . Grease and flour a 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat with whisk or spoon until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely.
Transfer to cutting board. Using a 31/4 inch heart shaped cookie cutter, cut cake into 8-10 hearts.
Prepare creamy Frosting. Spread desired color on top of each heart and write a message on each w/ decorating gel.
- A quick Creamy White Frosting: 3 T light cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 oz cream cheese
2 T butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups of confectionery sugar
Combine all ingredients and beat until fluffy.