Chocolate Chip-Dried Cherry Coffeecake
·1 pkg. yellow cake mix
·3/4 cup dried cherries
·1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
·1 tsp. ground cinnamon
·1 pkg. (3.4oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
·1 cup sour cream
·1/2 cup vegetable oil
·1/4 cup granulated sugar
·2 tsps. confectioners’ sugar
How to Make Chocolate Chip-Dried Cherry Coffeecake
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350º. Generously mist a 12 cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust with flour. Set the pan aside.
- For the streusel filling,
Place 2 tablespoons cake mix, the dried cherries, chocolate chips and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl, stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the remaining cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Increase with mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and smooth.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan and smooth the top with the rubber spatula. Spoon filling over the batter in cake pan. Pour remaining 1/3 of the batter, over filling and smooth it out with rubber spatula. Place the pan into oven.
- Bake 45 ~ 45 mins. Until its light brown and springs back when lightly pressed with your finger. Remove the pan from oven and place onto a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
- Run a long sharp knife around the edge of the cake and invert onto a rack to complete cooling if saving for later. Transfer the cake to a serving platter while still slightly warm. Sift confectioners’ sugar over the top for garnish.