Chocolate Chip Banana Coffee Cake
Tip: If bananas are added into the batter as one of the last ingredients, they will not turn black in your cake. The order they are in this recipe is to prevent them from turning black.
- 1 cup
- butter or margarine
- 2 cups
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- bananas, or 2 1/2 cups mashed
- 3 cups
- 2 tsps
- baking powder
- 2 tssps
- baking soda
- 1 cup
- sour cream or yogurt (single serve container of yogurt will work)
- 1/2 cup
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp
- 1 300g pkg
- chocolate chips, semi sweet or milk chocolate
BROWN SUGAR CINNAMON MIXTURE
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Coffee Cake
- 1Mix sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add sour cream or yogurt and mix well.
- 2Add 1/2 of the flour, all of the baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Add 3 bananas, mix well. Add the rest of the flour. Mix well. Add last 2 bananas and mix well.
- 3Pour 1/2 of the batter in a greased 11"x15" baking pan or you can use a greased 9x13 and a loaf pan.
- 4Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate small bowl. Sprinkle half of this mixture evenly over the bottom layer. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips evenly over the bottom layer.
- 5Evenly and carefully, spread the rest of the batter over the bottom layer. Sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar mixture over the top of the cake. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips over the top, evenly. Press lightly down to set into the batter.
- 6Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.