Cherry Delight Cake
2 stickbutter, room temperature
1/2 cbutter flavored shortening
5eggs room temperature
1 tspbaking powder
1 cvanilla almond milk
2 tsppure vanilla extract
116 ounce can cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Delight Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a bunt pan generously with a non stick spray. I actually spray my pan with a flour spray first and then the non stick spray. It breaks my heart when the cake sticks as I am trying to remove it.
- Cream the butter and shortening together thoroughly. then add the sugar one cup at a time scraping the sides and bottom often.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly.
- Open the can of pie filling and drain the liquid part out by placing the liquid part and catching it in a bowl for later use.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add one cup at a time alternately with some of the milk blending well with each.
- Add the vanilla extract and slowly fold in the cherries from the pie filling.
- Pour into pan and bake for an hour or so. Let cool completely and then remove from pan onto a beautiful plate.
- Take the liquid part of the pie filling and add 2 cups of powdered sugar to the filling. Mix thoroughly and glaze the cake.