Cherry Delight Cake
- 2 stick
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- butter flavored shortening
- 3 c
- eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 c
- vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 16 ounce can cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Delight Cake
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a bunt pan generously with a non stick spray. I actually spray my pan with a flour spray first and then the non stick spray. It breaks my heart when the cake sticks as I am trying to remove it.
- 2Cream the butter and shortening together thoroughly. then add the sugar one cup at a time scraping the sides and bottom often.
- 3Add the eggs one at a time and mix in thoroughly.
- 4Open the can of pie filling and drain the liquid part out by placing the liquid part and catching it in a bowl for later use.
- 5Mix the dry ingredients and add one cup at a time alternately with some of the milk blending well with each.
- 6Add the vanilla extract and slowly fold in the cherries from the pie filling.
- 7Pour into pan and bake for an hour or so. Let cool completely and then remove from pan onto a beautiful plate.
- 8Take the liquid part of the pie filling and add 2 cups of powdered sugar to the filling. Mix thoroughly and glaze the cake.