- 1 c
- vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 c
- finely minced pecans
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar,
- 1/2 c
- butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 c
- sour cream
- 3 pkg
- (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperaturre
- 3 large
- slightly beaten eggs
- 1 c
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- finely grated zest of one orange
How to Make CHEESECAKE 101 (SALLYE)
- 1Set sour cream and cream cheese out and allow to come to room remperature
Preheat oven to 350º F
Crush enough vanilla wafers to make 1 cup and the pecans in food processor until finely chopped
Transfer to small mixing bowl.
- 2MAKE CRUST:
Add sugar to crumb mixture
Note: Add a dash of cinnamon if desired for a livelier taste
Melt the butter and pour over the crumb mixture
Toss with wooden spoon until well blended.
Reserve 3 tablespoons for the top of the cheesecake.
Press the remaining crumb mixture evenly into the bottom and 1/2" up the sides of a 9" springform pan
- 3MAKE CAKE FILLING:
Place the sour cream, cream cheese, slightly beaten eggs, sugar and salt in food processor and process until very smooth.
Add the vanilla and orange zest and continue processing just until blended
Pour the cake FILLING over the crust, gently smootHing out evenly.
- 4Place pan in oven (I always set mY pan on a heavy baking sheet)
Bake for 50 minutes, then remove from oven
Sprinkle the reserved topping over the cake
Return to oven and bake 10-15 minutes more until filling is firm and lightly browned
- 5IMPORTANT: Remove from oven and allow cake to completely cool in pan.
Once cake is completely cooled, remove the side of the pan and refrigerate cheesecake until ready to serve.
- 6May be served with your choice of toppings such as fresh fruit, berries or sauces. Or it can be served "as is" for a delightful dessert.