Caramel Pecan Banana Cake
2 Tbsplemon juice
1 boxpound cake mix
1 box(3 1/2 oz.)instant banana cream pudding mix
2/3 cevaporated milk
1/2 cbutter, melted
1/2 cchopped pecans, toasted
8pecan halves, toasted
1 box( 3 1/2 oz.) instant butterscotch pudding mix
2 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Caramel Pecan Banana Cake
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Mash 2 bananas and 1 T lemon juice in bowl and set aside.
- Slice 3 bananas into 1/2 inch slices on an angle and pour 1 T lemon juice on top and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, banana pudding mix, milk, eggs and 1/4 melted butter on medium speed for two minutes.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix for one minute more. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Arrange 8 pecan halves in the pan and top with the sliced bananas in the bottom of the bundt pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the toasted chopped pecans on top of the bananas.
- Mix the butterscotch pudding mix with the brown sugar and sprinkle over the pecans. Pour the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter over the pudding mix.
- Let the butter and pudding set for 5 minutes. Pour the cake mixture over the top of the butter-pudding mixture.
- Bake for approx. 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then invert onto a cake plate and leave pan on top for 15 minutes.