Caramel Apple Pecan Cheesecake
1 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans
1/4 cbutter or margarine, melted
2 - 8 oz pkgphiladelphia brand cream cheese, softened
4 cthinly peeled apple slices
1/4 cchooped pecans
1 - 14oz bag(s)caramels
1 - 5oz can(s)evaporated milk
How to Make Caramel Apple Pecan Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together crumbs, finely chopped pecans, 3 tblsp sugar, ½ tsp
cinnamon and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring-form pan. Do not bake the crust!
- Microwave caramels with evaporated milk in microwave safe bowl or pan on high 4-5 minutes or until melted stirring occasionally. Pour into crust, add pecans if desired (chopped or whole however you want them.
- Beat cream cheese and ½ cup sugar in large mixing bowl at medium speed
with electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, mixing
well after each addition. Blend in vanilla; pour over crust.
- Toss apples with combined 1/3 cup sugar and ½ tsp cinnamon. Spoon
apple mixture over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with chopped pecans. (Do not try to be clever by using pie filling, already tried that it is too heavy and the cake will not rise in the oven.)
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes (longer if the center has not set this is why you do not pre-bake the crust). Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim from pan. Chill up to four hours before serving. Enjoy.
- NOTE: Use fresh apples with this recipe whatever you like. A friend suggested that I use pie filling instead and the cake did not rise as the pie filling was too much weight. The end results was a flat cheesecake, it tasted good but that was not my idea of a good cheesecake. You will not find this recipe (I don't think) in any books as it is a combination of two recipes minus a few ingredients.