Café Mocha Cake by Susan
My daughter asked me to post the Cherry Coke cake recipe too, so I will add it in the instructions below.
1cake mix, devils food
9 oz(1 cup + 2 tbsp) evaporated milk
2-3 Tbspinstant espresso or coffee powder
1/2 c(1 stick) butter
3 Tbspcocoa powder
1 Tbspinstant espresso or coffee powder
3 oz(6 tbsp) evaporated milk
1 lbconfectioners' sugar
How to Make Café Mocha Cake by Susan
- Prepare cake according to package directions, in a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch cake pan. Use the evaporated milk to replace the water, and add in the espresso powder. Bake at 350° for time indicated, usually 24 - 28 minutes. Mine normally takes the full 28 minutes. Cool about 10 minutes in pan; do not remove from pan.
- While cake is cooling, prepare frosting:
In a small saucepan, heat together the butter, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and evaporated milk for just a few minutes and stir until well-blended.
- Pour heated mixture over the confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl, and beat well, until smooth and well-blended. Pour immediately over warm cake, spreading evenly.
- Allow cake and frosting to cool to room temperature. Slice and serve.
- To make the Cherry Coke cake:
Use a 12-oz can of Cherry Coke in place of the evaporated milk (9 ounces in cake + 3 ounces in frosting). Leave out the espresso powder. Bake exactly as above.