Butter Chocolate Cake
3 stickunsalted butter, room temperature
1 pkgcream cheese, room temperature 8oz
3 1/4 csugar
1 1/2 tspalmond extract
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 ccake flour
1 1/2 call purpose flour
3/4 ccocoa powder, dark
1/4 cconfectioners' sugar, optional
1 pkgchocolate frosting, optional
How to Make Butter Chocolate Cake
- Beat butter and cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until mixture comes together.
- Add sugar; beating until light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Add extracts and salt.
- Stir flour and dark cocoa together in a medium bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, alternating with flour/cocoa mix, until all eggs and flour are used.
- Transfer to a buttered and floured, 10-cup shaped pan such as a Bundt pan. Place in cold oven. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake until an inserted tester comes out clean about 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool 5 minutes on cake rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar or place frosting in the microwave and stir until melted and immediately pour over cake.