Black Bottom Cupcakes
16 ozsemi-sweet morsels (chocolate chips)
1 pkgchocolate cake mix (and ingredients needed to make the cake)
8 ozcream cheese, softened
1/3 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Black Bottom Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the box, using the ingredients listed for the mix.
- Blend the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Put the cupcake wrappers into a 24-piece muffin tin.
- Fill each cupcake wrapper THREE QUARTERS full with the cake mixture.
If you only have an eight or 12-piece muffin tin, you will have to make the cupcakes in batches.
- Place a generous amount of cream cheese on top of the cake mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Stick a toothpick in the center of a cupcake, and if it comes out clean, it is done.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.