Best Ever Spiced Applesauce Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 3/4 tsp.salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. soda
- 1 1/2 tsp. double-acting baking powder
- 1/2 cup of soft shortning
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of canned appplesauce
- 1 cup of raisins cut up
- 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts
How to Make Best Ever Spiced Applesauce Cake
- 1Pre-heat over to 350. Grease a 9x13 glass or metal cake pan. Sift together dry ingredients.
- 2Cream shortening and sugar in a large electric mixer bowl on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs one at a time while beating 2 minutes longer.
- 3Add flour mixture alternately with the applesauce while beating at low speed. Scrape bowl when necessary and beat only until blended. Do not over mix.
- 4Pour into cake pan, bake at 350 for about 40 min or until toothpick comes out clean.