Best Banana Bread!
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 pinch
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- butter (room temperature)
- 1 box
- cream cheese - 8 oz (room temperature)
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- medium ripe bananas, mashed
- large egg
- 1/2 c
- pecans, in pieces (optional use more or less or none) you can also substitute walnuts or another nut.
How to Make Best Banana Bread!
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease your muffin tin. I used papers and sprayed them with cooking spray. (You could probably line with parchment for easy removal).
- 2In a separate bowl, Mix the baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and flour in a large bowl.
- 3In your mixing bowl beat the room temperature butter until light and creamy. Add room temperature cream cheese and continue to beat until well combined and light. Add brown sugar to butter and cheese and continue beating for about 4-5 minutes.
- 4Add the egg and beat until completely combined. Add the mashed bananas. If using frozen bananas, thaw completely, mash and add any liquid that comes from the bananas into the bread mixture. Beat until combined.
- 5Add flour mixture a little at a time beating after each addition. If using pecans or nuts, fold into batter now. I mixed in pecans in half the batter. Pour into loaf pan or muffin tins.
Recipe says loaf will bake in 40-55 minutes. I began checking muffins at 18 minutes and they were ready between 20 and 23 minutes.
- 6Bread is ready when knife inserted in center comes out clean. Look at the picture, Prior to baking, I placed a half a pecan on the banana muffins with nuts so I could distinguish them from the ones without.