Banana Pineapple Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting
Photo adapted from Food.com.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 box(18 ounces) white cake miz
1 can(s)(8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
1 cmashed banana (about 2-3 medium bananas)
1 can(s)(6 ounces) evaporated milk
2egg yolks, beaten slightly
1 -1/3 cflaked coconut
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Banana Pineapple Cake with Coconut Pecan Frosting
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pineapple with juice, milk, eggs and oil.
Beat on low speed to blend, about 1 minute.
Add bananas and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9 X 13 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- During last 5 minutes of baking, prepare frosting.
- Frosting: In a medium saucepan, cook and stir sugar, butter, evaporated milk, egg yolks and vanilla on medium heat until thickened , about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconuts and pecans.
Cool to room temperature and spreading consistency, before spreading on cooled cake.