Banana Creme Cake
- 1 box
- yellow or french vanilla cake mix
- egg whites
- 1/8 c
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- banana liquer (optional)
- 1-14 oz
- whipped cream cheese frosting
- whipped topping (optional)
- 4 small
- coconut cookie crumbs
How to Make Banana Creme Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F. Put 1 tsp. Oil into ea. cake pan. Set aside.
Mix water into the dry ingredients, adding oil while stirring.
- 2Whip 2 egg whites until stiff peaks. Then spoon carefully into batter while gently folding the batter until consistency is light & fluffy.
- 3Pour in halves into pans. Place in oven and bake. (No dancing while baking! Can't shake the floor yet ;-)
- 4Bake for 25 min. then remove to cool. While slicing banana into small slices for the top of cake. Although if your cakes are unevenly matched you can cut thicker slices to level out by placing them in between the layers before frosting.
- 5As cake cools poke with toothpick and pour small amt. of banana liquor onto cake. Just for a hint of flavor that makes them ask "hmm, what's that mysterious flavor that tastes so good"?