It makes a huge batch, so I usually 1/2 the recipe unless it's for a crowd.
You will not be sorry to try this one.
- 3 c
- 1 c
- margarine softened
- 1 tsp
- 3 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- very ripe bananas, mashed
How to Make Banana Bread
- 1Lightly grease a 9"X13" baking dish.
This makes a really large batch.
Preheat oven, 325F
- 2In a large bowl cream together the sugar and margarine until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in vanilla.
- 3In a large bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt. Blend this mixture into the egg mixture, alternately with the buttermilk. Stir just to combine. Fold in the mashed bananas, mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour into prepared pan.
- 4Bake for 60 minutes, test the last 10 minutes to not overcook.
N.B. If you do not have buttermilk on hand: add to one cup of milk, 1 3/4 tsp. of cream of tartar, mix well, and let sit for 15-20 minutes.