☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbsweet cream salted butter (blue box) (must be salted)
4 cswans cake flour
3/4 c(sweet) milk (as opposed to buttermilk) (2% is fine)
1 Tbspeach imitation vanilla, coconut and lemon flavors
How to Make Aunt Jesse's Million Dollar Pound Cake
- Sift flour and sugar into separate bowls after measuring. (We're not sure if this helps or not, but every time I talk to her she gives me another hint :)
- Butter and eggs should be at room temperature. Butter should be just a step away from being a liquid.
- Using either spray butter or spray baking stuff, spray your bundt cake pan.
- Cream butter, sugar good and then add eggs 1 at a time. Do not add the next egg until the first one is well mixed into the mixture.
- Then add, alternating flour and milk. Flavorings go last and "whip" good. Do not use a higher setting on your mixer than 3 or 4.
- Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours. Place oven rack 2 notches from the bottom of the oven.
- DO NOT open that oven until the 1 1/2 hours are done. Then use a tooth pick test. If the tooth pick comes out clean the cake is done. If not continue cooking until the tooth pick comes out clean. This is a good time to use that oven light to make sure nothing is burning. I know my oven cooks a little fast so I'll back the temp down a little and cross my fingers!
- Read and Follow all directions exactly for best results. Barbara, Jesse's daughter said just because you have her recipe that it won't necessarily taste like Jesse's! Most important rule, is be patient when making the cake!