Aunt Carolyn's Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1 box
- yellow cake mix
- 1 (11oz.) can(s)
- mandarin orange sliced, undrained
- 1/2 c
- 8 oz
- cool whip
- 1 (20 oz.) can(s)
- crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1(3.4oz.) box
- instant vanilla pudding
- oil and flour to prepare pans
How to Make Aunt Carolyn's Mandarin Orange Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set aside 6 to 8 orange slices
- 3FOR THE CAKE:
- 4Grease and flour 3 9" round cake pans.
- 5Stir to mix cake mix, oil, oranges and eggs in a large bowl.
- 6Evenly pour batter into the cake pans.
- 7Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely. (About 1 hour)
- 8FOR THE FROSTING:
- 9In a bowl, mix pineapple and pudding mix until mix is completely dissolved.
- 10Add Cool Whip. Stir to mix well.
- 11When cake is cool, frost it with the pineapple frosting. Garnish with the reserved orange slices.