Aunt Carolyn's Mandarin Orange Cake
1 boxyellow cake mix
1 (11oz.) can(s)mandarin orange sliced, undrained
8 ozcool whip
1 (20 oz.) can(s)crushed pineapple, undrained
1(3.4oz.) boxinstant vanilla pudding
·oil and flour to prepare pans
How to Make Aunt Carolyn's Mandarin Orange Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside 6 to 8 orange slices
- FOR THE CAKE:
- Grease and flour 3 9" round cake pans.
- Stir to mix cake mix, oil, oranges and eggs in a large bowl.
- Evenly pour batter into the cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely. (About 1 hour)
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- In a bowl, mix pineapple and pudding mix until mix is completely dissolved.
- Add Cool Whip. Stir to mix well.
- When cake is cool, frost it with the pineapple frosting. Garnish with the reserved orange slices.