☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 csugar
3 1/2 cflour
1 cbuttermilk or sour milk, room temperature
2 tspbaking soda
3/4 cmelted shortening
How to Make AP Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 4 6-inch pie or 7-inch cake pans.
- Combine sugar flour and salt. Mix baking soda in buttermilk. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add the melted shortening, beating well. Batter will be moist but very stiff.
- Divide evenly and press into prepared pans. (Batter should not stick to your hands; add a little flour if it does.)
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool on racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.