☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 c
- 3 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- buttermilk or sour milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 3/4 c
- melted shortening
How to Make AP Cake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 4 6-inch pie or 7-inch cake pans.
- 2Combine sugar flour and salt. Mix baking soda in buttermilk. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- 3Gradually add the melted shortening, beating well. Batter will be moist but very stiff.
- 4Divide evenly and press into prepared pans. (Batter should not stick to your hands; add a little flour if it does.)
- 5Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Cool on racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.