Always moist yellow cake
Marie Ann Ferson1
- 3 c
- presifted all purpose bleached flour (i used 5 roses brand)
- 1 1/2 c
- scalded milk brought to room temperature
- 2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- eggs (at room temp.)
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 c
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 c
- sugar (for sugar glaze) optional
- 1 c
- water (for sugar glaze) optional
How to Make Always moist yellow cake
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 nine inch round pans. Combine your flour, salt, and baking powder. Set Aside.
- 2Beat your sugar and butter for 7 min. Then add one egg at a time, combining well after each addition.(scrape bowl from time to time)Add oil. Begining with your flour mixture add alternatly with the milk. With your last addition of flour add the vanilla; you must hand mix this portion it to avoid overbeating the batter. Mix till well combined.
- 3Pour into your pans and bake from 20 to 25 minutes till your toothpick comes out clean.
- 4Boil the sugar and water (meant for glaze) for 2 minutes. Let cool. Then with a spray bottle lightly spray or you can also brush the tops of your cakes. You may just need 1/2 cup or less of this mixture. Don't overdue it.
- 5The glaze is meant to be used as a simple syrup; to add a lasting moisture to the cake; it should not be thick. I made this cake with an Italian buttercream icing and it was delicious! I also filled the cake with a chocolate pastry cream.