Always moist yellow cake
Marie Ann Ferson
3 cpresifted all purpose bleached flour (i used 5 roses brand)
1 1/2 cscalded milk brought to room temperature
1 Tbspvanilla extract
4eggs (at room temp.)
4 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspsalt
1/2 cvegetable oil
1/2 csugar (for sugar glaze) optional
1 cwater (for sugar glaze) optional
How to Make Always moist yellow cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 nine inch round pans. Combine your flour, salt, and baking powder. Set Aside.
- Beat your sugar and butter for 7 min. Then add one egg at a time, combining well after each addition.(scrape bowl from time to time)Add oil. Begining with your flour mixture add alternatly with the milk. With your last addition of flour add the vanilla; you must hand mix this portion it to avoid overbeating the batter. Mix till well combined.
- Pour into your pans and bake from 20 to 25 minutes till your toothpick comes out clean.
- Boil the sugar and water (meant for glaze) for 2 minutes. Let cool. Then with a spray bottle lightly spray or you can also brush the tops of your cakes. You may just need 1/2 cup or less of this mixture. Don't overdue it.
- The glaze is meant to be used as a simple syrup; to add a lasting moisture to the cake; it should not be thick. I made this cake with an Italian buttercream icing and it was delicious! I also filled the cake with a chocolate pastry cream.