2014 Good Year Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 box
- duncan hines classic cake mix- chocolate
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 7 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 box
- small box of chocolate pudding
- large eggs (if xlg eggs, use 3)
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 c
- hershey's chocolate chips - divide out 1/2 cup serving
How to Make 2014 Good Year Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1Prep: PREHEAT oven to 350°F for metal or glass pans, 325°F for dark or coated pans. GREASE sides and bottom of each pan with shortening or oil spray. FLOUR lightly. (Use baking cups for cupcakes.)
- 2Mix: Place softened butter at the bottom of mixing bowl. BLEND cake mix, [dry] chocolate pudding, flour, baking powder together, pour over top softened butter. Add water, eggs and oil into the bowl at low speed until moistened (1 minute). BEAT at medium speed for 4 more minutes. Stir: 1 cup of Hershey's Chocolate chips into the batter with a spoon. POUR batter in pan. Take 1/2 cup of Hershey's Chocolate chips and sprinkle over top batter evenly. Bake immediately.
- 3BAKING: Bundt pan: 45 minutes. Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- 4BAKING in other pan sizes:
Pan Size / Bake Time:
•2 8": 26-31 minutes
•2 9": 22-27 minutes
•13" x 9": 26-31 minutes
•24 Cupcakes: 18-21 minutes
- 5Let cake cook for 20-30mins.
Cream Cheese Frosting/Chocolate Frosting.
It is your choice on method of frosting, either from scratch or canned. I used frosting in a jar, my schedule does not allow me the time to make frosting from scratch. Again, this is your choice.
First melt frosting in microwave for about 45 seconds. Lightly pour cream cheese frosting over cake by using a large spoon. Use the entire jar. Let frosting seal [cool]. Then melt chocolate frosting in microwave for about 20 seconds, you don't want it too hot or flimsy. Just melted enough to pour out of a dispenser. I used a plastic sandwich bag and filled it with 2 large spoonsful of frosting. Cut a slit at a corner of the bag and oozed chocolate frosting over cake, making stripes on top of cream cheese frosting.