Yummy German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
3 cpecan halves
1 3/4 call purpose flour
3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
3/4 ccold butter, cubed
1/4 ccocoa, unsweetened
1 1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 ccorn syrup, light
1/4 cbutter, unsalted
1 ccoconut, sweetened flaked
How to Make Yummy German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer of a shallow baking pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Stir halfway through baking.
- Line bottom and sides of a 9"x 13" baking pan with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on two short sides. Grease foil.
- Whisk together flour, confectioners' sugar, and cocoa. Add cold butter, and combine with a pastry blender* until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press mixture into bottom and about 3/4-inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake crust for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over crust. Allow to cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- Place eggs in a large mixing bowl, and beat lightly. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter. Whisk together until smooth. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour evenly over partially baked crust.
- Bake 28-34 minutes, or until edges are golden and filling has set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Then, refrigerate for an hour.
- Using foil overhang, lift bars from pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut into bars.