Yo Gabba Gabba Cookies
BASIC VANILLA SUGAR COOKIE
1 cbutter, unsalted (at room temperature)
1 cgranulated sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
3 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
4 cpowdered sugar
1/4 cmeringue powder
·gel food coloring
How to Make Yo Gabba Gabba Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and combine until egg is completely incorporated.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until no trace of dry ingredients remain
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thickness and cutout shape using cookie cutters. I used a 3 inch round biscuit cutter.
- For Royal Icing- Mix powdered sugar and meringue powder in bowl of stand mixer until well combined. Slowly add water and mix until you get the consistency you want. (Royal icing is extremely forgiving. If you find you've added too much water and the icing is too runny, just add more powdered sugar. Vice versa if your icing is too thick) Add food coloring to achieve your desired color.
- For decorating the cookies, I used Wilton Fondant. I colored small amounts for the details, with gel food coloring.