Worlds Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 stickbutter, cold (cut into 1/2 inch squares)
3/4 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cwhite sugar
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 largeegg, lightly beaten (at room temp.)
6-7 ozsemi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Worlds Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Sift flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add both sugars and butter in medium bowl. Mix with hand mixer on low for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- Add vanilla and lightly beaten egg to butter mixture. Mix on low for about 30 seconds or just until incorporated. (DO NOT OVER MIX)
- Add flour to butter mixture. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Put chocolate chips on a cutting board and run a knife through them just a couple times. Add chips to your batter stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cover your bowl and let chill in the fridge atleast 1 hour but preferably 24-36.
- Once chilled preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease your cookie sheet and place 1Tbls. of dough about 2 inches apart. Bake 13-15 minutes.
(Rotate cookie sheet half way through baking)
- Let cookies cool completely and Enjoy!
- Side Note: Cookie dough may be frozen. No need to thaw. You can take them straight from the freezer to the oven with no adjusted baking time. Place your dough on a cookie sheet (1Tbls per cookie) place your sheet in the freezer until the dough is frozen solid. Remove from freezer and place cookie dough in a freezer bag. So simple if you want to have cookie dough on hand for guests.