Worlds Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 stick
- butter, cold (cut into 1/2 inch squares)
- 3/4 c
- light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 large
- egg, lightly beaten (at room temp.)
- 6-7 oz
- semi sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Worlds Greatest Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1Sift flour and baking soda in a small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Add both sugars and butter in medium bowl. Mix with hand mixer on low for about 3 minutes until smooth.
- 3Add vanilla and lightly beaten egg to butter mixture. Mix on low for about 30 seconds or just until incorporated. (DO NOT OVER MIX)
- 4Add flour to butter mixture. Mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- 5Put chocolate chips on a cutting board and run a knife through them just a couple times. Add chips to your batter stirring with a wooden spoon.
- 6Cover your bowl and let chill in the fridge atleast 1 hour but preferably 24-36.
- 7Once chilled preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease your cookie sheet and place 1Tbls. of dough about 2 inches apart. Bake 13-15 minutes.
(Rotate cookie sheet half way through baking)
- 8Let cookies cool completely and Enjoy!
- 9Side Note: Cookie dough may be frozen. No need to thaw. You can take them straight from the freezer to the oven with no adjusted baking time. Place your dough on a cookie sheet (1Tbls per cookie) place your sheet in the freezer until the dough is frozen solid. Remove from freezer and place cookie dough in a freezer bag. So simple if you want to have cookie dough on hand for guests.