World Peace Cookies
This is my photo...and believe it or not, I actually followed this recipe to a tee :)
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- natural, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 11 Tbsp
- butter, 1 stick plus 3 tablespoons, room temperature
- 2/3 c
- packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- fine sea salt
- 5 oz
- extra bittersweet chocolate (do not exceed 85% cacao), chopped
How to Make World Peace Cookies
- 1Sift flour, cocoa and baking soda into a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth but not fluffy. Add both sugars, vanilla and salt, beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour mixture, beat until just blended (mixture may be crumbly) Add chopped chocolate, mix just to distribute (if dough doesn't come together, knead lightly in bowl to form a ball) Divide dough in half. Place each half onto sheet of plastic wrap. Form each into 1 1/2" diameter log. Wrap each in plastic, chill until firm, about 3 hours. Can be made 3 days ahead. Keep chilled.
- 2Preheat over to 325. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper. Using thin sharp knife, cut logs crosswise into 1/2" thick rounds. Space 1" apart on pan. Bake 1 sheet at a time until cookies appear dry and cracked (cookie will not be firm or golden at edges) 11-12 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool.
- 3Store in air tight container at room temperature.