Whole wheat Bizcochitos
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 croom -temp. butter
2 call-purpose flour
1 cwhole wheat flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspanise seed, plus enough to sprinkle on baking pan
1/4 ccoffee (or use water if desired)
How to Make Whole wheat Bizcochitos
- Mix the 1/2 cup sugar, both flours, baking powder and the 3/4 tsp. anise seed in small bowl.
- Cream butter and the 1/2 cup sugar.
Add dry ingredients, then water.
Blend well til dough forms a ball.
- Roll out 1/8 inch thick. (Thinner for crisper cookies). You may cut into shapes, or just cut into squares. I sometimes roll a pie crimper along the dough to cut squares or rectangles, about 1 1/2" on each side.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet and sprinkle anise seed onto it. (About a tbs.)
P)lace cookies on pan. Sprinkle with mixture of cinnamon and the tbs. of sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees 14-17 minutes. Remove cookies to rack to cool. Keep in airtight container.
Sometimes I add a little colored sugar to topping.