White Chocolate Pecan Blondies w/ Maple Sauce
Disclaimer: I have always used recipes as a guide and use my instincts and experience to alter or omit ingredients as I cook. Therefore, it has always been a challenge when sharing recipes with others. I doubt I make dishes the same way twice. So, I advise you to use my recipes the same way. Trust your experience and adjust to your personal taste~Robynne
- 3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 10 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, melted
- 2 c
- light brown sugar, packed
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract *i use mexican vanilla
- 1 c
- white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans*
- *i omit the pecans in the blondies and roast them in the oven a few minutes and add as a topping
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 6 Tbsp
- real maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- optional vanilla bean ice cream
How to Make White Chocolate Pecan Blondies w/ Maple Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt & baking powder. Set aside.
- 3In another large mixing bowl, mix melted butter with brown sugar until well-blended. Add in beaten eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- 4Slowly add flour mixture to butter, sugar and egg mixture. Stir thoroughly but do not overmix your batter. Fold in white chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- 5Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray, then pour batter into 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake for about 25-30 minutes (until a toothpick inserted comes out clean).
- 6For the sauce:
Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat (do not allow butter to burn). Then add heavy cream, maple syrup and corn syrup. Allow this mixture to simmer over medium heat for about 20-30 minutes.
Wait for the mixture to reduce and thicken. Do not let it boil, just a nice bubbly simmer. Stir it occasionally. Once it has reduced by about a 1/3, it’s ready.
- 7To serve: you can heat up blondie on a cast iron skillet and serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or you can just heat a slice of blondie on a plate in your microwave for about 25 seconds. Add a scoop of ice cream on top then pour the warm maple sauce on top and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- 8The Country Cook recommends doubling the sauce, and I must agree after having tried it. YUM! Also, she suggests lowering oven temperature to 325 degrees F. if using a glass pan.