Wedding Cake Cookies
3 1/2 cflour
2 tspbaking powder
2 stickunsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Wedding Cake Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a seperate, larger, bowl, combine butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well in between.
- Transfer half of dough onto a well-floured surface. Roll one half of dough untill about 1/4 inch thick (I don't expect you to break out the ruler, don't worry). Store other half in fridge.
- Using cookie cutters, cut dough into shapes (or wedding cakes) and put on other cookie sheet. The recipe my friend gave me didn't say to grease the sheet, so I didn't, but some of the cookies stuck. I got them up easily ehough with a knife though, so it is up to you.
- Repeat step 7 with other half of dough.
- Bake 11-13 minutes. I baked them 9, and the ones on the dark pan were slightly burnt, but nothing to cry about. I suggest you put it on for short intervals, and check them in between.
- Put confectioners sugar and milk into a bowl, and mix. These instructions are very vague because amounts depend on how many cookies you make.
- To make them more fun, put a little icing into small bowls and make funky colors. We (me and my decorating team, A.K.A the kids + friends) ended up with orange, purple, green, light/pinkish red, green, and a pretty blue/green color.
- ENJOY YOUR DELICIOUS SUGAR COOKIES IN DISGUISE!!!
(or are they?????)