Walnut & Chocolate Fingers
- 4 Tbsp
- butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 5 large
- sheets phyllo pastry
- 1 Tbsp
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 1 1/4 c
- walnut pieces, ground coarsely*
- 2 Tbsp
- golden granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 oz
- good quality semisweet chocolate, grated
How to Make Walnut & Chocolate Fingers
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease 2 cookie sheets (or line with parchment paper).
- 2Make the Filling: In a bowl, mix together the walnuts, granulated sugar, cinnamon and grated chocolate.
- 3Cut each sheet of phyllo pastry into 4 rectangles (measuring 9x7-inches). Pile on top of each other and cover with a clean, slightly damp (but not dripping wet) dish towel to prevent drying out.
- 4Brush a phyllo rectangle with melted butter. Spread a teaspoon of filling along one short end. Fold the long sides in, slightly over the filling. Roll up from the end with the filling.
- 5Place on the prepared cookie sheet with the seam underneath and brush with melted butter. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. Bake for 20 minutes, or until very lightly colored.
- 6Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
* VARIATION: Substitute ground almonds, or chopped pistachios or pine nuts, for the walnuts.