Waffle Iron Oatmeal Cookies!
A great scouting or church school project!
These are good warm or cold with a glass of milk or other beverage.
***This is not my photo... but this is what they look like with chocolate chips.
2 stickbutter (or margarine)
3 largeeggs (beaten)
2 1/4 cquick cooking oats
1/4 tspground cloves
1 tspground ginger
1 Tbspground cinnamon
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 csour cream
1 1/3 craisins (soaked in hot water to cover for 15 minutes)
OPTIONAL: ADD MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS AND CHOPPED NUTS !
How to Make Waffle Iron Oatmeal Cookies!
- In large mixing bowl: Mix together the sugar and all of the wet ingredients (except raisins). Beat until creamy.
- Heat the waffle iron. Drain the liquid (if any) from raisins.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. When mixed together well, add the drained raisins, distributing throughout the batter.
- Use a tablespoon to place batter in the center of each section of the waffle iron. Cook 3-6 minutes (depending on your waffle iron).
- ****You can add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
*** Instead of this recipe, make brownies from scratch or a box mix... or chocolate chip cookies!
*** You can put a larger amount of the batter in the very center of your waffle iron to get a bigger cookie.
*** Be very careful if allowing children to assist you! Waffle irons can give a serious burn. Children love watching these cookies be made too!
*** These are extra good warm.