Vanilla Refrigerator Wafers Cookies
How to Make Vanilla Refrigerator Wafers Cookies
- 1Preheat oven to 325° F. Cream together shortening or butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and sugars in a large bowl.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder and add to creamed mixture. Add 1 tbsp of water and combine mixing until dough forms a ball.
- 3Roll dough into 3/4 in balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and cover. You can also use a piping bag with a large round tip and make a large "hershy kiss" type of cookie and pat down peek. I have done both ways and they both work great.
- 4Chill in refrigerator or freezer.
- 5Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in 325° F oven 15-18 minutes.
- 6Cool completely on rack--makes about 4 dozen cookies.