How to Make VAMPIRE COOKIES!
- 1In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg and extracts.
- 2Add flour and salt to the bowl and mix them into the butter-sugar mixture at low speed until dough is just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 325F.
- 4Divide dough in half and keep the portion you are not using in the refrigerator.
- 5Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 2-inch rounds.
- 6Place rounds on a baking sheet, put a teaspoon of jam on each of them and cover with another round of dough. Press edges down lightly, pinching the edges onto the cookie sheet. Use a toothpick and poke two small holes (like a vampire bite) in the top of each cookie.
- 7Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies are set.
- 8Dip a toothpick in some extra red jam and re-insert in the “bite” holes you made before baking to emphasize them, if not already red. Draw a blood trickle down from one of the bites with the jam, if desired.
- 9Makes about 2 dozen.